An example of nature’s beauty – one of the most enchanting show caves of the Harz Mountains now with new Cave Lighting™ LED-light and sound system.
The Iberger Tropfsteinhöhle was discoverd in the Middle Ages during mining operations and first described by Brückmann in 1737. As early as 1874 paths and stairways were laid out to make the show cave accessible to the public. Electric lighting was first installed in 1912 and renewed in 1935 and again in 1952.
However, by 2012 the last installation was in need of an overhaul and so was replaced by a modern, environmentally friendly Cave Lighting™ System.
The management of the Iberger Tropfsteinhöhle had already contacted the Cave Lighting Team in 2007 and expressed great interest in the renewal of the lighting system. But it took 5 years to complete the financing and the planning of the new illumination system because in the summer of 2008 the new cave experience centre was to be opened.
The system involves variable control procedures attuned to the needs of each guided tour. Therefore the cave is divided into zones in which the system may be operated either by means of conventional solenoid switches via relay or by using the Cave Lighting Protocol via radio control or the installed control panels.
Furthermore, special DMX light colour and/or audio areas support the progress of the tour and highlight the characteristics in a better and modern way. For example, the old water level in the 'Brückmannsaal' is accentuated by using bluish light that not only makes it easier to recognise but also gives the visitor the impression of being under water.
In the 'Hübischsaal' children are fascinated by the voice of the dwarf king Hübisch. These sound and light effects were specially developed and installed by us to meet the demands of each tour.
As a result the Iberger Tropfsteinhöhle has, in the course of the installation, not only received modern illumination but also an LED lighting system that completely fulfils the expectations of the guided tour of today.
|Location:||Bad Grund, Lower Saxony, Germany|
|Show cave part:||351 m|
|Previous power consumption:||15.000 Watt|
|Execution time:||October – December 2012|
|Equipped:||237 luminaries total power ca. 800 Watt|